A LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE
Campers at Camp For All discover life, but so do our volunteers! Their dedication and service is vital to giving our special campers a positive experience. Volunteers impact every facet of Camp life, from serving meals, to keeping the grounds looking great, to lending a hand with campers on the zipline, at the ranch or other activites.
Volunteer At Camp For All FAQs
What does a volunteer at Camp For All do?
Camp For All volunteers assist staff and campers in a variety of activities including:
- Arts and crafts
- Camp store
- Horseback riding
- Nature and wildlife
- Petting zoo
- Ropes/challenge course/zipline
- Star Place, multi-purpose building
Our generous volunteers can also plan to help with Camp Care projects, like painting, weeding, organizing and cleaning. You never know how you might be able to help – but please know it is important to Camp and our campers!
When can I volunteer at Camp For All?
Camp For All welcomes approximately 9,000 campers through its gates annually and we have year-round opportunities. Volunteers are utilized most while groups are on-site, helping campers with activities. Also, there are Camp Care project opportunities while groups are not on site.
Are there any volunteer opportunities other than at Camp For All in Burton?
Yes, we invite volunteers over the age of 18 to participate with Camp For All 2U, a program that brings the camp experience, and all its benefits, to children in hospitals, community centers, and schools in Houston and Austin. These volunteers must have a TB test, in addition to completing the application and background check.
How old do I need to be to volunteer?
Volunteers need to be 16 years old to volunteer independently. Volunteers between the ages of 12 and 15 may participate with a parent or guardian. Volunteers at Camp For All 2U must be 18 years old.
Can my business or civic group volunteer together?
We welcome groups who are interested in working together. Please email email@example.com to schedule a day to come to Camp For All or Camp For All 2U.
How do I volunteer to be a counselor with one of your Partners?
Camp For All collaborates with more than 65 other not-for-profit organizations. If you are interested in volunteering to be a counselor in a cabin, click here to find a camp and then contact that camp directly for an application.
OKAY, I am interested in volunteering, what do I do now?
Just a few steps to go!
- Complete the volunteer application. If you have not volunteered for Camp For All in the past year, please complete the volunteer application. This must be completed 2 weeks before you plan to volunteer.
- Fill out a waiver for you and any minors attending with you.
- Complete your background check. It costs $15 and you can access that here. *This is required for any volunteer over the age of 18 and must be completed 2 weeks before you plan to volunteer at Camp For All or Camp For All 2U.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to come to Camp For All!
*If you are not able to pay for your background check, please visit this link and Camp For All will cover that cost for you.